Sensei’s Library, page: Front Page, keywords: . SL is a large WikiWikiWeb about the game of Go (Baduk, Weiqi). It’s a collaboration and community site. Everyone can add comments or edit pages.
I play Go but don’t have a lot of time for a full game. I can go to the DGS and play a number of games simultaneously, though it may take over a month to finish a game. If you want to try it out look for user, SaberJet.
My current course of self study. I am using MIT OpenCourseWare.
We are looking into using this to home school geometry to our daughter.
- It ain’t as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.
- Get mad, then get over it.
- Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position fails, your ego goes with it.
- It can be done!
- Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
- Don’t let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision.
- You can’t make someone else’s choices. You shouldn’t let someone else make yours.
- Check small things.
- Share credit.
- Remain calm. Be kind.
- Have a vision. Be demanding.
- Don’t take the counsel of your fears or naysayers.
- Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
NPR story about Peer Learning at the college level.
“Surrounding Game” is the literal translation of the chinese characters 圍棋 or in Pinyin, Weiqi, but better known as Go. It’s one of the oldest board games in existence. There is direct evidence of it’s existence a little over 2,000 years ago but it may be 4,000 years old, according to folklore.
This is a blog I am starting to post pictures for my friends and family that don’t have facebook or Google+.